Monday, March 30, 2009

The weekend.

Well, this wasn't the most interesting weekend I've ever had... but still no booze.

Friday night was a quiet one, I met up with a couple of friends for a couple of lemonades and didn't stay out too long as i was heading to London the next day.

Saturday was spent mostly in London doing some shopping, and just enjoying being out of the ding. There were some issues though and some rather interesting events... The weather didn't help as it kept changing between sunshine, rain and towards the end of the day some hail as well.

Shopping wasn't the greatest of successes, even though i finally found some black Jack Purcells which had been eluding me for a few years... I didn't end up buying much else - although I did get a hug from a rather cute carrot outside Westfield. I also ended up destroying my sunglasses which was a shame.

Sunday was another relaxing day of enjoying my weekend, and also searching for some sunglasses that don't make me look retarded. This wasn't a great success - neither was looking for some jeans as not drinking is making me lose weight.

I did however buy a book instead... It is a great book by Haruki Murakami - so it wasn't a waste...

I have come to realise however that being teetotal changes the way you think. When drinking your mind becomes messy so you can concentrate on just enjoying yourself and you stop caring about everything else. When you don't drink you don't have the privilege of a cloudy mind - instead you're able to think and think too much about what's going on in your mind...

I've found that I'm more indecisive now, i keep changing my mind and I'm confusing people left, right and centre. I know I've annoyed and stressed out some of my friends the past week and for that I'm sorry... I'm very impatient at the moment, and waiting around for something to happen gets my goat. My mind is still working its way back to being human again - and hopefully I'll be able to rectify what I've done...

I still don't like waiting around though...

No comments:

Post a Comment