Tuesday, March 10, 2009

My first post.

I have started this Blog to help me with this bet. As you may be able to see I'm taking on the task of tempering my alcohol intake to a ridiculously low level. To give you some background on me and my social life here's a typical week for me:

Monday - a couple of beers with some friends after work
Tuesday - nothing
Wednesday - a couple of beers with friends after work - often during the football if its on
Thursday - a few beers with friends after work - sometimes a night out drinking from 5pm
Friday - straight after work I meet friends for beers, this starts at 5pm and usually doesn't end until the early hours of the morning
Saturday - I meet friends for beers in the evening and again this doesn't end until the early hours of the morning
Sunday - I recover.

Now with this bet my habits are changing, although i still meet friends for drinks - i am on the coke or lemonade instead. While everyone else gets drunk, I'm the only sober one. As everyone knows the being sober while everyone around you is drunk is a very lonely place. However, as the year starts to pass by it will become easier and being the only sober one may well become a more appealing prospect.

I have mentioned this bet to many of my friends and they are convinced I will fail. I drink a lot regularly and they believe that this will never last. My nickname at work is Boozehound. I have a lot of work to do, but I'm convinced that I can do it. It'll take a lot of mental strength but I'm sure I will suffer through and be better off financially and with regards my health.

I will keep this updated fairly regularly, and hopefully I will come out of this triumphant.

3 comments:

  1. Go on Tony! You can do it! just think of the money ;) how many drinks would £1000 buy!? :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. What have you done?

    You are depriving yourself of your main source of enjoyment and relaxation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually I'm not depriving myself of anything.

    Its all about the challenge.

    ReplyDelete