Tuesday, March 17, 2009

A good weekend, and no sign of cracking...

Well, its taken me a little while to write this post - internet issues...

But this weekend was a success, Friday night went without a hint of alcohol, and also without a hint of the guy who's birthday I was supposed to be out on... This was down to the fact that he was too drunk to get into anywhere in town and lasted 5 mins before being taken home - the dangers of alcohol in a nutshell there!

Saturday night I had my two allocated drinks on another birthday night out and then was on the coke the rest of the night. A sober night out - which ended after hours of getting my dance on at 2am.

Sober dancing is hard until you realise that everyone else there is drunk and shameless - as soon as you wise up to the fact that you're going to wake up in the morning without a hangover, and all the memories of the night before it becomes easy.

And it was easy, even my friends who i had thought may try to scupper me by adding spirits to my cokes didn't try to force the issue, and instead supported me. Which wasn't really a surprise, but it did mean i could drop my guard a bit - as being sober and on an enforced drinking regime makes you a little suspicious...

I woke up on Sunday refreshed, and except for aching feet I felt great. A nice relaxing Sunday was on the cards. I had made plans to watch the football that afternoon so I went into town to kill some time and get a coffee. I really wish I hadn't bothered with the football, as the mighty Villa were beaten by the Spuds - luckily I had changed my mind from watching it with Spurs fans, and instead watched it on a small screen with a fellow Villa fan. Disappointed and in rather a poor mood I only drank one coke over an hour and a half.

Monday I had an absolutely cracking day. I came into work early, sat down and there was a parade of young attractive women using the meeting room directly across from my desk all day. Even though Mondays are my busiest day, this brought a smile to my face and enabled me to get on with my work in a much better mood.

That evening after leaving work I was in a ridiculous mood, so I needed to relax and chill out. I went for a drink with a friend of mine who needed a break after a long weekend. We went to a pub and sat outside as the day turned to night. We usually do this in the summer when the days are longer as there's much more to see and do - but it seemed as good a night as any. The only downside to this was that my friend was drinking Kronenburg Blanc - while I was struggling to get through the worst lemonade I've ever had the misfortune to drink. It tasted as if someone had added some lemon juice to washing up liquid and added just enough water for the colour to disappear. For a drink that's supposed to be effervescent - there were no bubbles at all.

Mondays seem to bring out the idiot in me, so we spent a lot of time talking about rubbish and I was singing... after a couple of hours of this and some awful jokes I couldn't stand my "lemonade" anymore so we went our separate ways.

So there you have it - a weekend filled with going out, and only the allotted drinks, and yet still dancing...

I am still on the lookout for a new nonalcoholic drink that isn't coke, lemonade or pink - any thoughts would be gratefully received.

I have received some bad news however, work have only had 4 enquiries about the stopping smoking sessions, and as they unfortunately need 6 to run the sessions - these will not be happening. I am cutting back however, and I may see about doing this myself instead. Lets just wait and see...

2 comments:

  1. Lime & soda - costs between 50p - £1.50 depending on where you go, is very low on calories and is refreshing. Et voila!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ginger beer or irn bru.

    Plus if you try and give up smoking AND booze you will simply fail both.

    Good progress so far though.

    ReplyDelete