Tuesday, March 10, 2009

The Gudang Garam Conundrum

As tomorrow is National No Smoking Day i have decided to sign up again for some giving up smoking sessions again. The last time i did this around this time last year i pretty much succeeded - until some personal issues created a weakness and i fell back into being a smoker... But its a new year - so why not try again? That's what I'm telling myself. However i may run into a problem straight away... Not problems of a personal nature but instead 200 problems coming all the way from India...

Gudang Garam the greatest of all the cigarettes i have smoked. A clove cigarette, with a strange and yet alluring smell, and a crackling sound the likes of which have never been heard from a cigarette before... 200 of these bad boys are on their way here with my name on - courtesy of my friend's lovely new wife.

So the conundrum appears - should I give up on these cigarettes even though I've waited a few months for them? Should i give up on the non-smoking? Until Friday, my conscience and feelings are clear. Its non-smoking time again, and this time unless the mystical Gudang Guram has more pull than a set of healthy lungs, its going to stay hopefully.

I may have bitten off more than i can chew here - and may well be heading for a fall - but i will try, and if i fail at this - i will pick myself back up again and try again.

Anyways - back to the point of the blog...

Monday was a quiet day, I had a very long day at work, was in a stupid mood and proceeded to irritate not only myself but many of my friends with my whining... I went to sleep early after Heroes (the 9pm one as i don't even have Freeview - damn burglars) and shut it all off. No hint of booze of any kind here that would have been a mistake - a lot of fruit juice however.

Tuesday, that was easy. I set up this blog. Made sure people were aware of it to give me the pressure and exposure within my social circles so that on nights out I will know that people are there watching me... It seemed to be the best option at the time as its a great incentive to prove everyone wrong. I didn't do much in the evening, no hint or chance of any booze of any kind.

This morning - well i never was one for drinking before work... especially as i work for a rather good company who would frown on that... So its all good so far.

Not a bad start to the week, and some more good decisions made. Here's looking forward to solving the conundrum...

No comments:

Post a Comment