Friday, March 20, 2009

The Coming Weekend - and how a Scooter saved my brain...

Well this weekend could cause me some more issues, especially as my "birthday allowance" has been used for this month... So I cannot drink any alcoholic drinks until April.

Tonight I'm doing a few things, I'm meeting an old friend in the pub to catch up over a few drinks, but before that I'm going out with one of the guys from work for a couple of drinks to say goodbye to an absolutely shockingly boring and awful week at work. Then later on I'm meeting a few people for some more drinks as one of my friends is going away tomorrow... so more an enough opportunities just tonight to lose this challenge.

This week has been a tough one - more because work has been so appallingly boring, well the work has been - I found a scooter and I've been tearing up the office ever since - so the end of the week has been pretty good. This week at work has been so busy, and people are irritating me from all over EMEA - that this Scooter, who I have yet to name, has been my saviour. For some reason seeing someone else at work on a scooter makes people smile and laugh, and when you're on the scooter you forget about the irritating and argumentative engineers who are doing your head in...

With the great weather outside its been long long days waiting to get outside and relax on the riverside with a cold drink. All I've had though is just some nasty tasting soft drinks, I've even managed to sort out some issues with a friend in the past couple of days which should now make things much easier.

Saturday could be the most important barrier to overcome. I am meeting some friends to arrange a friend's stag do, so there will be a lot of thinking about drinking and as we've all known each other for years there is a lot of drinking history there. Following from this I'm on the guest list for some party in London, where of course I will not be drinking again - although with London prices I may have the better deal... We'll see however, and I'll do my best to stay strong and not give in - even under a massive amount of peer pressure that I can see coming my way... I'm not sure the friends I'm seeing on Saturday know I'm doing this challenge - so this should be rather interesting...

I have some plans for Sunday - but these shouldn't involve being in a pub - unless on Mother's Day I decide to go and watch the mighty Villa take on Liverpoo... but I doubt that will happen - so Sunday should be all good... Hopefully.

The Gudang Guram arrives on Monday - and hopefully I will have some more information on the smoking cessation sessions I've signed up for - so maybe this weekend will be the last I spend smoking and not drinking and I will instead be clean living... well lets just see what happens...

And if you work in an office, I’d advise you to get a scooter - as it makes moving around a much more appealing option, and is a tremendous moral booster

No comments:

Post a Comment