Friday, May 8, 2009

Its been a while

I haven't posted here since the middle of last week so I guess I'm due an update.

Well I had last Thursday and Friday off work, which I used to help a friend move house - which was nice although it really is amazing to see how much crap you can accumulate over time. After two whole days of lugging boxes around I ended up going for a couple of pints of water with a couple of friends on Friday night, which was good fun - except for the incredibly dodgy nature of the conversation. This was to avoid going to the Beer Festival, which I was assured this week wasn't as good as it has been before. My conclusion was that it was my absence that was the major factor in this...

However, I could've really done with some hog roast - as that is one of the main reasons that I usually go...

Saturday was a day for doing absolutely nothing - which was glorious. I didn't do much apart from relax, and not smoke - which was a bonus. I can't even remember exactly what I did - although I did read one of my recently bought books.

Sunday was a great day, although the weather didn't look like it was up to much in the morning I headed on an intrepid adventure with a couple of friends into London.

We headed up for a friend's birthday, and had a great day in the park. There's something incredibly relaxing about sitting on the grass talking shite with friends (and strangers as we didn't know many people there...)

We also played some rounders, where I figured out that I can't throw straight anymore - although I can catch and I can hit a ball with a small bar. I personally blame it on the fact that my patch was feeding my throwing arm nicotine... but it may just be that I'm not as good as I once was. Hopefully this isn't another sign that I'm ageing... although I still look young (and my new manager at work thinks I'm a student).

Anyway, we stayed there in the park for a few hours, having to use the toilets in a children's playground which really felt dodgy. There were even signs up saying that video cameras were banned and that unaccompanied adults would be asked to leave. Needless to say we didn't go on our own - as this would be rather suspicious.

After the park activities we retired to a really nice pub, where all the furnishings were apparently for sale. I cannot for the life of me remember what this was called but it was something inane like "The Public House"...

This being a birthday I was able to enjoy the pleasure of drinking alcohol so I had two organic lagers. These were costly and very tasty, and they came in a larger than ususal bottle so I believe I had more bang for my bucks than usual. We stayed for a few drinks here (I stayed with just my two beers) and then moved on to find something to eat.

We wandered up the road and found a Turkish restaurant which was fantastic. Its called Gem i think (my memory isn't as good these days), and the food was lovely. We had a full three course dinner, for a very respectable price. After dinner some of the guys had to head back to the 'ding but as I was staying with a mate we went our separate ways.

We had quite a trek to get back to my mate's place tho - Bank Station decided to close when we were there so instead of hopping on a DLR we had to get the bus. Finding the right bus took quite a while but it all worked out in the end.

On Monday I was supposed to be meeting up with my sister and a mate but as I hadn't heard from them in the morning we instead decided to see some culture and went to the Royal Academy of the Arts to see an exhibit of Japanese art by Kuniyoshi which was fantastic. I really enjoyed it and it was nice to experience the artistry of my ancestors...

After this we decided to take a wander around and ended up in the Trocadero where my friends tried (and I really mean tried and failed miserably) to play Street Fighter...

My sister being the woman she is decided halfway through the day that she wasn't going to be leaving her house... So that fell through. I did end up meeting my other mate tho - who has more hair that I've ever seen. It was crazy!

We ended up walking around for a couple of hours, looking for a shoe shop in Soho... We eventually found it - but it was much smaller than I remember and didn't have anything that I wanted...

After leaving there I ended up heading back home, and after all the walking and sleeping on a couch I was shattered. Mondays is usually pub quiz night, and Aston Villa were taking on Hull that evening, but I was absolutely exhausted so really wasn't up for doing anything.

This week's gone by in a blur really - I've just been tired and irritable all week.

I am now known in my friend's phone as "Angry" as its actually quite ridiculous how irritable I am.

Well I think this is quite enough for one post...

No comments:

Post a Comment