Thursday, May 28, 2009

The long weekend

This has taken me a little while to put together as unfortunately i'm rather lazy...

Anyway lets recap. Friday I finished work and went to the pub to meet some friends, they were drinking I was not. This wasn't the most fun - and as I had some laptop memory in my bag I left around 9.30 just when the drunkards were beginning to irritate me...

Saturday my new laptop arrived, a sleek, sexy 10" beast... So I spent most of the day getting my geek on... upgrading the memory and installing Windows 7, which took forever but certainly makes a difference and makes everything look tremendously good.

Saturday night I met up with some more friends for more water and more drinking, this was going to end up in the small hours of the morning but as the final destination was to be the Turtle I politely declined and went home just after midnight as I have had bad experiences drinking from the glasses in there... they make stuff taste funny... and so as I would have to drink water from them I decided it was to be the end of the night for me.

Sunday - now this was a good day. After a lovely morning sleeping in, I went to the pub to watch Newcastle get relegated. This was especially fun as one of my friends is a Newcastle fan - and although there weren't enough tears the satisfaction of a win for the mighty Villa accompanied with the relegation of Newcastle made these moments so much sweeter.

After this - and the bbq that I was obliged to have at half time it was then time to walk into town (as I couldn't be arsed waiting for a bus) and go to another bbq. This was good fun - and this second bbq had every single base covered, it was very impressive and although I had already eaten I couldn't resist some olives and humous... There was even some rugby ball based amusement and this continued into the early evening up at my friend's flat where the Wii Fit was put on show and watching someone trying to hula hoop is just comedy gold.

Monday was a fairly quiet day for a bank holiday where I got my geek on again and played around more with my computer before heading into town for some Nandos and Star Trek... Nandos was very amusing especially because some of my teacher friend's pupils were sitting close by. The boys I was with were both hungover, one of them incredibly so which made my sobriety that much sweeter. Star Trek wasn't a bad film, and if it wasn't so geeky it would've been a good film.

The rest of this week has been cursed by having to work, but as my computer is actually working and not trying to goad me into throwing it out of a window its gone fairly quickly and easily.

Champion's League final was good last night - watching Man U look like a team of retards always brings a smile to my face.

No comments:

Post a Comment