Tuesday, May 19, 2009

The past few days...

Well, its been quite a busy few days for me - and of course many opportunities to drink alcohol. I have as usual remained strong and even withstanding a great deal of peer pressure. I am proud of my self that I'm doing this well and sticking to the confines of the challenge and I must admit that with time it is getting easier as the days and now months pass.

Back to the past few days, they've been interesting... On Friday I took the day off work to go into London with some friends to audition for the tv quiz show Eggheads, which was really good fun. Although the audition did involve some quiz questions, and a brief but rather amusing chat with the two lovely ladies who were in charge of the process, the most difficult part of the interview was getting your head around having to answer the questions by ruling out two of the options and giving your reasons for them. Explanations are much harder than you think, especially when the answers are ridiculously obvious, and its hard to explain why a certain answer is wrong when you're put on the spot.

A couple of the guys had a drink, or in one case a couple of pints, in the pub beforehand as we chatted and got to know each other as a few of us hadn't met each other before... I also realised that maybe I'm not quite as clever as I think I am which was a bit disappointing, but I think that our youth and the banter we had during the interview could really help us with getting on the show - fingers crossed.

I returned from London and went straight out to the pub to meet some friends in a great pub, one of my favourites actually, where we played some bar billiards, darts and had some inane chatter. They were pretty easy going when it came to me not drinking, although they did poke fun at it from time to time, but I am yet to crack in more appealing circumstances and they just accepted it as who I am at the moment which was good.

The rest of the weekend was spend relaxing, organising, and planning. The insurance money finally arrived this weekend, and now its just a matter of waiting until the cheque clears and then its time to get myself a new laptop and tv which will be very handy and what i've been waiting on for a while - I may even be able to find the shoes I'm looking for...

This week at work is a nightmare tho - I've worked for 19 hours the past 2 days, and although it will be easier from tomorrow onwards my computer and the software I use has been crashing and basically making everything I do so much harder. Which is very irritating given that I work at a software company.

Anyways, enough about work - I've realised that there are 2 things at work that can take my mind off things going crazy. Lots of coffee... and my work scooter Monty. Its amazing how much better you feel when you're pinging about the office on a scooter than sitting at your desk swearing loudly at your computer...

Hopefully this week will be better, we've got a work dinner sometime this week where Wagamama is one of the options. I really hope we don't go there as its an abomination on the face of this earth but as its for someone's leaving do I won't complain (too much)

No comments:

Post a Comment