Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Fat Kids Are Hard To Kidnap - and the Beer Festival


Well its been a week since my last post - and thats mainly because I haven't actually done much...

Well - lets recap. Last week I went out a few times, drank nothing, had one cigarette on Sunday.

Friday night was fun though. I met up with quite a few friends who i hadn't seen in ages. It was really good to see everyone - and randomly my friend who's been sick for what seems like the whole of this year (although we all think he's a hypochondriac) was not being weak and was able to join us for a few drinks.

We sat in the sun and had some drinks before moving on to play some bar billiards, which is great fun - although makes you count constantly. I must admit my non-boozing state did assist me with this, so i did have an advantage over everyone else...Anyways, the rest of the weekend was spent playing football, relaxing in the sun, and basically just enjoying myself.

Monday. Now this was a good day. Even though I was stuck at work for much longer than expected, it was a nice day (apart from the rain). And of course we made an appearance at the pub quiz.

Which we won, by a fairly comfortable margin. Our triumphant team "Fat kids are hard to kidnap" romped away with the mighty sum of £17 - which split between two wasn't too shabby (especially as I was on the water so made a decent profit - the same of which I can't say about my friend who was drinking beer so ended up down...)

This week will be interesting - I have Thursday and Friday off this week, which I had planned on going to the Reading Beer Festival but due to my non-drinking commitments I am forgoing the torture of seeing everyone man and his dog drinking randomly named beers and gradually sinking into drunkenness... I am tempted however to go as they do a fantastic hog roast... It would also be the first beer festival I've missed in years...

But instead I may well turn up in Scotland to see some old friends - I've been talking about doing this for a while - and although they're all big drinkers too - it'll be easier (I hope...)

Anyways - on the cigarette and alcohol count I am on 1-0; still a little disappointed regarding the smoking - but thats coming together now too. I'm still nicotine patched up so hopefully soon it will be as easy as not drinking.

No comments:

Post a Comment