Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Its happening...

Well, its now (fairly) official... I'm quitting smoking today. I have one left, which is earmarked for this evening... I pick up my nicotine patches after work, and tomorrow I become smoke free.

In doing this I'm breaking one of my 4 rules - quitting two things at the same time. But as I technically haven't exactly quit drinking altogether I'm ok...

Its daunting, but I'm looking forward to it at the same time. I don't really want to keep smoking, and hopefully this time there will be no distractions that will make me feel like starting again. If I can stop drinking - then I'm sure I can stop smoking...

Here's hoping anyways...

This weekend is my sister's birthday - well technically its on the 20th (same day as a certain Mr Adolf Hitler); but this weekend will be the celebration... so I will be able to have a couple of drinks, which will be nice - but this could also stick out as a time to smoke - the old habit of having a pint in one hand and a fag in the other... but lets just wait and see.

I "celebrated" my dad's birthday over the weekend with two beers, which weren't very nice - but I definitely felt the effect of the alcohol - which was surprising in some ways as two beers is nothing, but as they were my first beers in a month it didn't really shock me too much.

I am now a light-weight, lucky I don't drink anymore...

anyways, am now battling my nicotine addiction - so concentrating on not drinking should be easier - and they can both help each other. As I won't be getting drunk, I should (hopefully) have more self control and be able to resist smoking. The nicotine patches should do the rest.

Lets just see how things go. I won't be giving up my other vices tho - as I'll hopefully not die so soon after all.

Soon hopefully I will be a non-smoking, non-boozing man.

No-one will recognise me.

No comments:

Post a Comment