Tuesday, April 21, 2009

The Weekend Just Gone, A Terrible Pub Quiz And The First Pints In Ages...

Its been a strange few days... With giving up smoking and drinking at the same time things are rather difficult just now. There's stuff changing at work, and for some reason - when you say happy birthday to someone on their birthday they never respond... weird...

Anyways, the first weekend after giving up smoking. This was a rather strange one - I went out on Friday night and struggled... It was really quite hard as we were sitting outside in the beer garden, and I was watching everyone drink and smoke... and I was sitting there drinking my pint of water. It sucked really badly.

Needless to say I didn't stay out very long - the rain kinda helped out with that one too. The rest of the weekend I spent doing stuff around the house, gardening and such... which took my mind off not smoking although I did crack on Sunday as people were giving me gyp - but only one. Still no drinking tho.

Monday was an interesting day, I met my new manager at work (who thinks I'm a student intern), and as it was my sister's birthday I was able to celebrate this with a couple of pints. I decided to unleash myself on the drinking classes during a pub quiz, which coincidentally we lost - rather badly. The Fact Fisters grand debut and we were gubbed ridiculously by being 10 years too young, and having jobs...

Nevermind tho - I managed to spread out my 2 pints over the course of about 2 1/2 hours and although initially they did taste like the sweet sweet nectar of the gods, this gradually went away and I was drinking warm beer instead.

Last night I realised I don't actually miss drinking beer, it was nice to have some, but it didn't make me want more.

Smoking on the other hand is still a daily struggle, I've pretty much sorted it out at work - but when waiting for a bus or walking back home from the bus stop it still feels strange not smoking.

That will come with time - and I'm nicotine patched up to the max so all I need is clear this out in my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment